Shanghai is quiet a blooming place which can be affordable as well as quite expensive depending on where the people spend most of their time. It is a cosmopolitan place with people from all around the world visiting it every year; for those who are visiting shanghai for the first time and do not know where to stay then there a lot of things that you as a tourist should keep in mind while finding the best hotel in shanghai .
Things to keep in mind
- If you are a first time traveller then it is better to stay in Puxi side as it is best for sightseeing.
- In case you are visiting shanghai for a business trip then Pudong side is the best areas as it has a lot of skyscrapers and shops.
Areas to stay in shanghai
- The bund area- This is the best place to stay in; from here one can see the Pudong skyscrapers and also some beautiful architecture. Here you can even have a river cruise at night and the coffee bars, coffee stores and nightlife is at a walking distance. There are some great hotels in this area.
- People square area- Staying in this area is of great experience; as it is well connected with the metro. There are quite a lot of departmental stores and shopping area and quite a number of scenic spots.
- Nanjing road- This is a famous place for tourists to enjoy a leisure time; it has great shopping places and quiet a lot of tourist places. Here one can find a variety of hotels to choose from; there are 3 star as well as deluxe 5 star hotels that can be found in this area.
Once you find the best hotel in shanghai, according to your requirements and budget then you can enjoy your trip because shanghai has a lot of things to do, visit and see like:
- The bund waterfront- You can see the elegant city life of shanghai along the waterfront. It is one of china’s most impressive architectural works with a stretch of colonial buildings.
- Shanghai museum- China has a lot of ancient relics that are quite impressive. Here one can find bronze, ceramic, ancient coins and jade artefacts. Even the traditional Chinese costumes can be found here.
- French concession- If you visit shanghais and don’t walk through the French concession then your trip is a complete waste. Here you can find a lot of boutiques, case, restaurants and bars.
- Jing’ an temple- It is quiet a unique location to visit; it has an impressive Buddha statue with an amazing aroma. This is a different place to visit as compared to the skyscrapers and shopping malls.
So if you are visiting shanghai make sure you choose your hotel wisely depending upon how you want your stay to be. Shanghai is a beautiful place and it has a lot of things to do that too at an affordable price.